Monday, December 20, 2010

Jane Eyre Reflection

After reading Jane Eyre, I have formulated multiple opinions about the 493 page beast. I really liked all the motifs in this book. I thought that this part of the book really worked. I enjoyed discussing the various motifs that appear throughout the book. I think that this book taught the reader a lot about Victorian women and society.There were many useful things in this book/ unit. I enjoyed learning about the Bronte sisters and how they lived in the Victorian Age. One thing I thought could be modified about this unit was the gender PowerPoint. I feel like most people just put down stereotypes without actually researching things. One think I didn't like about the actual book was too perfect ending. I it was too happy and perfect for me. I do think that this book should be retaught because it offers a great insight into the Victorian era. It is a classic work that many people will face at some point in there life anyway so why not in high school. The only thing negative is the length. It is tough to get through in such a short amount of time. Overall there were both positive and negative aspects to this unit but the book was enjoyable, in general.

1 comment:

  1. I'm gad it was ultimately worth the effort, Ross-- nice work keeping up with it!

    ReplyDelete